As a reminder, University of North Carolina (UNC) Eshelman School of Pharmacy (ESOP) is seeking subject matter experts in pharmacy administration and leadership to participate in a job analysis, which will take place in the summer and fall of 2023. Applications can be submitted here.
UNC ESOP will be conducting job analysis survey in attempt to define the role of a pharmacy administrator and leader. The purpose of this research study is to survey existing pharmacy administrators and leaders to assess tasks performed by the pharmacists specializing in administration and leadership. Through performing this job analysis it will allow training programs (e.g., MS, certificates) to perform further curriculum development and validation to ensure future pharmacy administrators and leaders are prepared excel in current job functions and expectations
Job Analysis Panelist Responsibilities:
As part of this Job Analysis, we request your participation in defining this subspecialty of pharmacy by applying to serve as a Job Analysis Task Force Member or as an Independent Reviewer. Job analysis panelists are responsible for helping to:
- Establishing the scope of the pharmacy administration and leadership specialty practice area
- Identifying the tasks performed by practitioners in pharmacy administration and leadership
- Identifying the competencies required by practitioners in pharmacy administration and leadership
See below for descriptions of each role:
- Job Analysis Task Force Member (May 2023 – September 2023): Serve on a committee of 15 to 20 subject matter experts. This group will meet in 3 to 4 virtual meetings (i.e., focus groups), participate in pre-meeting data collection activity, and a post-meeting homework assignment. Members should expect to dedicate 15 to 20 hours of time throughout the study.
- Independent Review (June 2023): Participate in a 1 to 2-hour review of work completed by the Job Analysis Task Force. This group will meet in 1 to 2 virtual meetings (i.e., focus groups). Members should expect to dedicate 3-5 hours of time throughout the study.
The job analysis meetings will be facilitated by a researcher specializing in job analysis focus groups. Meeting dates and times will be selected by the research team in consultation of the availability of the panelists.
Applicants will be asked to upload a curriculum vitae (CV) and provide information about professional characteristics (e.g., years of experience, credentials). The application is available through the following link: https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9sJeuN8dYc3UEpE
Questions can be directed to the research team HERE. We thank you in advance for your consideration and participation. Your contributions to the advancement of pharmacy practice and certification are greatly appreciated
Thank you for your consideration,
UNC Job Analysis Research Team
Stephen Eckel, PharmD, MHA
Kathryn Morbitzer, PharmD, MS
Michael Stepanovic, PharmD, MS
Michael Wolcott, PharmD, PhD, BCPS, BCIDPS
Stephen Eckel PHARMD, FAPhA
Chapel Hill NCseckel@unc.edu