Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our ENGAGE community. We want to ensure the best possible experience for all of our members, so we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You agree to only post discussions and other content that is suited to the ENGAGE community and its associated topics.
On ENGAGE, you can seek your peers' advice, share your own best practices, network with folks around the country, develop your career, and more. Specific account-related questions should be directed to our Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 237-2742.
Technical issues, access problems, or structural issues? Contact the ENGAGE staff manager at email@example.com.
Please acquaint yourself with these important rules. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and productive discussion, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership as well as delete posts in the ENGAGE ecosystem for anyone who violates these rules.
- Members aren't permitted to use the online communities to advertise non-APhA programs or services. Doing so will result in your posts' deletion. The maximum amount of same-text, same-day posts is 3.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post or link to material that is false and/or misleading.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message. All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason, including marketing non-APhA or APhA-partnered programs, products, or items.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of others' information, particularly if such information is protected by state or federal laws, or the laws of other countries.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the American Pharmacists Association. American Pharmacists Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by American Pharmacists Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall American Pharmacists Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission from the copyright owner, or is otherwise permitted to post such material. In addition: (1) the posting party grants American Pharmacists Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material, (2) and warrants and represents that it has all rights and permissions to grant this license.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. Messages concerning employment opportunities will not be allowed.
American Pharmacists Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of American Pharmacists Association we will take all appropriate action.
American Pharmacists Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the code of conduct.
To comply w/ all Federal and State Antitrust laws, rules and regulations, APhA prohibits discussions or recommendations regarding topics that may cause antitrust problems, such as prices or price levels. In addition, no discussion is permitted of any elements of a company's operations which might influence price such as:
- Cost of operations, supplies, labor or services;
- Allowance for discounts;
- Terms of sale including credit arrangements; and,
- Profit margins and mark ups, provided this limitation shall not extend to discussions of methods of operation, maintenance, and similar matters in which cost or efficiency is merely incidental.
It is a violation of Antitrust laws to agree not to compete, therefore, discussions of division of territories or customers or limitations on the nature of business carried on or products sold are not permitted. In summary, participants are permitted to discuss the resources, but not the prices related to patient care services.
Last revision: September 2021